What will you do to make healthy eating a priority within your municipality?
Specifically, which of the following strategies will you support if you are elected:
- Work with public health and the local board of education to enable all residents to improve their food skills and food literacy by supporting:
- Community food programs such as community gardens and kitchens where residents can learn and have a space to develop improved harvesting, handling, and preparing of healthy foods
- The promotion of healthy food choices through public education and awareness campaigns
- Healthy food environments by championing the restriction of public advertising and sale of unhealthy food choices
- Access to food safety training for all residents
- The inclusion of culturally appropriate foods in health promotion programs and campaigns
- Work with public health and procurement departments to encourage all health facilities in the region including community health centres, hospitals, long term care facilities and public health units to purchase fresh, local produce when and where possible
- Work with public health and procurement departments to encourage that all municipal food purchases model healthy eating by purchasing fresh, local produce when and where possible
Return to Survey Template Main Page.