Sign up to become a Local Food Champion for your municipality!
Take the lead in asking your local candidates how they will support food and farming. Check out the Municipal Elections page or our Vote ON Municipal sign-up list to see if there’s already a group connecting with candidates in your community and get in touch to see how you can help. See a blank space? Write your name in as a comment!
All signed up? Here’s what’s next:
1) Email us with the details below to set up your Municipality page
2) Receive of copy of the Council Candidate survey to customize & check out the Say Yes! School Board Candidate survey
3) Email all of your candidates with links to your customized survey and the Say Yes! survey.
4) See your local candidates’ responses connect to your page
5) Spread the #voteONfood word in your communities!
Setting up your Municipality page
Please fill in the information under the headings below so that we can set up a page for you on voteonfood.ca/municipal. Email your response to firstname.lastname@example.org
*= required field.
*List the (lower-tier) municipalities, if you are representing an upper-tier municipality or district:
*List the school boards within your municipality:
Local Food Champion
*Name of Organization(s):
*Organization Logo (copy & paste or attach JPG or PNG file):
*Name & title of lead contact at organization:
Mark Your Calendar
List your upcoming debates, campaign meetings, etc.
October 14th – Advance polls open
October 27th – Election Day!
We will include advance poll dates and voting day as defaults.
Priorities and opportunities for food and farming in this municipality
[flexible text & HTML space! – We suggest either a short list of asks, any local campaign resources or surveys, or links to media about your local campaign. We can edit this space easily as the campaign progresses to share updates.]
NOTE: By signing up as a Local Food Champion, you agree to distribute the surveys equitably and completely to all candidates in your municipality; and that related material and processes such as candidate correspondence and responses will be handled in a non-partisan manner.
Reach out to your school board trustee and superintendent candidates with the Say Yes! survey.
Candidates for all school boards in the province will receive the same survey. Share the link to the VoteON Say Yes! page at www.voteonfood.ca/municipal/say-yes and ask candidates to select your municipality from the dropdown menu to connect it to your page.
Other Ways to Participate
- Is the survey not the right fit for your needs this election? You can still create a page for your municipality and share your election priorities and opportunities, key dates, and contact details.
- Use the tool post-election to engage incoming councillors in food issues
- Share the campaign resources with your networks and local media
- Personalize the conversation and help it grow! Use the hashtag #voteONfood when sharing your reasons and resources on Twitter and Facebook